daddy’s girl

Anybody has a toddler girl that prefers daddy so much more than mummy? My one year old girl loves her daddy so much that she only looks to him for comfort, and cries and pushes me away when I try to carry her. I try to play with her and spend time with her but somehow her reaction is just different. Anyone facing the same issue with their daughter? Did they grow out of it eventually or things still stayed the same?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I have a 2 yo daughter. I would find that she prefers daddy sometimes. But she will still come to me when she is tired. When we handle baby and toddler we must make them feel loved. Maybe u can try to observe how ur hubby talk and play with ur girl. How different is it from ur method adopted. Throughout a kid growing up stage there will be times when they preferred one of the parents. But never give up. Hope its helps and stay positive.

Read more

at least yours can still understand, cos is daughter. my LO since birth til now 4months still very sticky to his dad and will only wants daddy to rock him to sleep every night! i tried putting LO to bed but he'll just cry his lungs out, but once daddy carry n rock him.. he'll fall asleep 🙄🙄

my boy when he was 1.5yo he prefers daddy to mummy. everything oso daddy and made me so upset that i cried. now he turning 2yo he changed. sometimes want daddy sometimes want mummy. is a phase they keep changing. they are testing us out who will pamper and support them more. 🤷‍♀️

VIP Member

Not only girl , even boys prefer dad .. my boy abt to 3 he also same , he ignores me completely when his dad around but now changing everything.. now he needs dad n mommy for pamper or play .. it’s a phase mommy don’t worry.. everything will change ..

TapFluencer

Daughters are usually drawn to daddy and boys are closer to mommy. But as your kid grows, they will switch preference from time to time. So right now, if your girl prefers daddy, enjoy the moment, relax and carve some time out for yourself

Daughters are known as daddies girls for A Reason! The important thing to do here is to stop worrying. love unconditionally. Be relaxed when you are with her. Go for fun mummy daughter outings. 😊

VIP Member

Same goes for me. My children thoughts must be,"Daddy is fun, Mummy is boring". At the end of the day, they still come to Mummy for Mummy can provide them the warmth and love. :)

TapFluencer

my girl is the same as ur girl she is 3 in june...she loves daddy so much..even though im the one taking care of her all the time...that is call daddy girl..

The magical (aka magnetic) force of attraction : opposite gender/poles attracts, same gender/poles repels. Don't worry, the kids will grow out of it :)

VIP Member

My daughter prefers her daddy too when she’s younger. But don’t worry, she’ll grow out of it