Low lying placenta

I'm diagnosed with low lying placenta during the week 20 scan. Understand that many people say to have more bedrest and reduce walking, standing and not to over exert (and of course no sex). Is walking for 30mins or standing for 2 hours plus considered long? #advicepls #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm I did walk for more than 30mins and stand for 2 hours plus with Low lying placenta. But it moved up when I nearing full term. It’s good to be active too as it aids in delivery but your body you know it best 😃

me too! i'm 24 weeks today doc reminded me not to carry heavy stuff n no sexual intercourse. hopefully mine had moved up slow by it own. going for the scan next month to check. rest as much as u can!

hmmm I went for my week 20 scan yesterday at KKH and had the same issue with you. however doc said walking is fine... she advised not to carry heavy weights and no sexual intercourse.

2y ago

hi may i know how much is the 20weeks scan? and how long does it take? i will be having my detailed scan next week 😊

For me my gynae mention that I don’t need bed rest as it’s not the reason unless you are bleeding too. And Your placenta might move up later on.. don’t worry too much