Any remedy for diaper rash?

45 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When diaper rash appears, try to stop using your regular baby wipes as it can be quite harsh on the skin. What I normally do is to use sterilized cotton balls dipped in cool/lukewarm boiled water to clean baby. Followed by a light layer of Desitin (blue). For more severe cases use a thicker layer (especially when overnight) or use the Desitin (purple) which is stronger and more creamy. Air the skin as much as you can and keep diaper lose. Use disposable diapers and do remember to change the diapers regularly too!

Read more
Post reply image

Firstly, keep the skin dry and let the baby's skin breathe and make her wear light cotton underwear and let her be without a diaper if possible. Applying vaseline is ideal as contain fewer dyes and perfumes. You can apply a rash cream on the affected area. Coconut oil too has anti fungal properties so you can apply it on the rash. Here's a link that states many home remedies that you can use if a baby has a diaper rash. Hope it helps. http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-diaper-rash.html

Read more

I'm using a cotton soak a bit water and not too wet to clean my baby butt unless my baby poo a lot only I'm using wet tissue. Try to change other diapers brand as well and it might not suit to your baby. Change the diapers every 3-4 hours and apply the nappy rash cream such as bepanthen or Lucas papaw ointment brand. Unless you willing to let your baby not wearing any diapers for few hours if you want to recover faster. It happened to my daughter before and I change her diapers every 3-4 hours

Read more

I tried the baking soda wash when my daughter had diaper rash and it got better within 2 days. You can try by mixing baking soda with water and use this mixture to wash baby's bottom during diaper change. Dab dry and apply a layer of diaper cream. Do remember to air dry baby bottom for awhile before putting on the diaper. http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-diaper-rash.html

Read more

Use running water to clean LO for each diaper change in the day. Change diaper more frequently eg: every 2 hours. Can consider cloth nappy with nappy liner for the time being. Refrain from using wet wipes. Apply Drapolene diaper cream generously on your little one. This should help to clear the rash :) Can also consider getting some loose pieces of diapers for trial before committing to a full pack.

Read more
VIP Member

When my girl had diaper rash, I switched her to cloth diapers in the day and applied Bepanthen ointment. I also washed her bottom with water instead of wet wipes as much as possible. It's also important to make sure your baby's bottom stays clean and dry. http://my.theasianparent.com/all-you-want-to-know-about-diaper-rash/

Read more
Post reply image

If the rash is really bad, I recommend using Desitin Maximum Strength to cure it first. It worked wonders for my baby. Once the rashes got better, you can try Earth Mama Angel Baby's Bottom Balm to maintain a healthy & smooth bottom! Works great ever since i've tried it on my baby...no more rashes! :)

Read more

Diaper-free a few hour daily is the fastest way to get rid of diaper-rashes. I will usually clean them with wet wipes whenever I change diaper, wash their butt after they poo before i put the diaper on. Used to use sudocream from mothercare as I felt that destin is too harsh for some babies.

I am using Mustela 123 Vitamin barrier cream for my newborn . Formulated using 98% ingredients of natural origin that are fragrance-free and do not contain preservatives, it guarantees maximum tolerance right from birth*. It work well on my baby's skin and easily to rinse off.

Change diaper frequently even if it's not heavy! Use water to rinse baby's butt / damp cotton pads to wipe gently Pat dry and air awhile Use desitin purple for persistent/ very sore and red rash / blue desitin for milder rash Hope this helps! Work for my rash prone son!

Read more