Any mummies babies around 3 months plus but yet don't know how to tummy time and flip over yet?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My baby only tummy timed in is third month. So it is only recently that I managed to tummy time my baby. Initially he whined a lot when I laid him on his tummy. I made it a point that, everyday, same timing, while he is playing, I'll roll him to lie on his tummy. When his head faced down the play mat, I'll help him adjust to turn side ways ( so that he can breathe). Eventually everyday I keep doing, don't care if he likes or don't like.. I realised the more he doesn't like, the more he will lift his head up and finally he lifted up at least 45 degrees now! Also using devices and gadgets can help with tummy time. I use the lamaze tummy time spinner product.

Read more
Post reply image

3 months old is still too young to know how to flip over. This stage normally happens when baby is between 4 to 5 months old. You can continue to do tummy time for your baby. I normally do tummy time for baby after their bath where they feel more alert and happy. For young babies, about 5-10mins will be sufficient. If your baby seems to be contented to be placed on tummy, you can extend the session longer than 10minutes. Avoid placing them on tummy time after a full milk feed as will cause vomiting.  You can purchase this tummytime pillow for your LOhttp://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Pillow-Honeybee-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00AIVN8EQ

Read more

I started tummy time since my baby was 5 days old.. did everyday.. now he is almost 4 months.. flipped over on tummy about 3 mths plus

Mine absolutely hates tummy time too. She'll try very hard to lift her head for a few secs, to no avail, & then start crying.