Anong part po ng egg ang pwedeng ipakain sa baby 1-y.o and below? Sabi kase nung iba yung egg white lang daw. Sabi naman nung iba dapat yung yolk lang. Alin ba ang mas tama?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Ito ay mas mahusay sa feed ang itlog puti at pula ng itlog nang hiwalay para sa isang ilang araw. Ito ay upang matiyak na walang allergic reaction. Ako ay may dumating sa kabuuan ng mga kaso kung saan mga bata ay mag- allergic sa itlog puti o pula ng itlog mismo at sa mga oras sa parehong mga itlog at pula ng itlog. BTW, if there are any errors in my translation. Advance apologies. Just trying my best to do the translation. :) Have a great day.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

Thank you chai ong :)

I'm quite confused rin :) my sister who's studying in the medical field said the yolk isn't really good for babies because it contains high cholesterol. Sabi ng iba naman, it's healthier than the white. Although with this I'm sure, if gusto mo mag-bulk up in protein, you feed the white since it's made of albumin, a kind of protein.

Magbasa pa

Egg yolk is the recommended part of egg to be given to babies. That's also as per my sister who is a nutritionist. When give yolk to a baby, small amounts lang din depending on his age and his capacity to eat. Not necessarily feeding the baby with the whole egg yolk.

My baby's pediatrician allowed my baby to eat egg yolk at 7months. She said the egg yolks do not contain the protein that causes allergy. It is best to seek first your pediatrician's advice also on this matter during your checkup.

Egg yolk only pero no need to finish all the yellow part. Kung ano lang kaya kainin ng bata, un lang. And dapat maximum of 2x/week lang ang egg para hindi naman masobrahan a cholesterol..

Egg whites are highly allergenic so if you want to feed your baby with eggs, it's best if you offer the yolk. But then again, mataas nga ang cholesterol so give eggs sparingly nalang.

Yung pula ang mas masustansya. Hard boiled or scramble. Hindi kasi advisable ni pedia yung medyo runny pa ang yolk, baka daw sumakit tiyan ni baby.

As per pedia, egg yolk only and make sure it's well done. We don't give our babies ung mga half cooked.

Egg yolk yung sinabi samin ni pedia nung 7months si baby. Pero dapat lutong luto.