Am I over paranoid? I notice my kids' childcare page have this Bangladesh guy liking photos of the kids. I clicked in to see his profile but notice he is not married & have no kids then why he is in the page? I don't know but I feel very uneasy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think you should contact the childcare and get it removed from any public sharing platform or get the privacy settings to be private/invite only. Because if one bangladesh guy has liked it, many random people could have seen those pics and it is not good from security point of view. I for one would ignore such events but you can also verify the childcare staff and their profile for your peace of mind. And talk to your kid about meeting any stranger. I am not trying to scare you but these are strange times and one should always keep an open eye. I appreciate your level of attention.

Read more
VIP Member

When photos are posted on social media without any privacy settings, they are free for anyone and everyone to view. Not everyone who is married lists themselves as married. For one, my husband doesn't use Facebook and I rarely upload his photos. He might have personal photos which he restricts to his friends to view. What I'm saying is to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. If you're really uneasy, maybe you could bring it up to the Principal of the childcare and get her to password protect the album or send it in a whatsapp group instead of posting them online.

Read more

Bring it up to the school definitely. It's not wrong/illegal, but it is a worrying thing! But also you never know the full story, maybe he just doesn't upload his family background on Facebook? I agree with Harshit too, talk to your kid about strangers and make sure your kid is aware of what to do if he or she gets approached!

Read more

I would definitely bring this matter up to your kids' childcare centre. If the group is sharing pictures of your children, I would say it should be private and by invite only. This stops random people from joining the group. I wouldn't worry about it too much until you get more information from the school!

Read more

If a post or picture is public, no one can control who likes it or share it. Sometimes people likes something while scrolling or browsing from a computer browser. The childcare can probably ban the person to ease your mind but I think you are being both paranoid & rasicst.

thanks