Do you allow your 5 months baby to watch tv? My friend don't allow their baby to watch tv. Even their parents at home are not allow to watch too. But my baby like it when my family member watch tv. I am okay with it, but worried will it be bad for baby. My friend reason for not allowing their baby to watch is because if the baby watch tv they will not study.

76 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I also ok with my LO watching tv with someone’s supervision (nursery rhymes in youtube like dave & ava, cocomelon, or cartoons like pororo, peppa pig..) i find it also educational for them. But of course with limits & by schedule.

well its ok but not dat long provided u sit with her while feeding her....at least lo could learn something fm baby channel only...although she still young to understand but with action im sure she can figure it out whts happenning.

Super Mum

I would try to avoid if possible. 5 months is just too young. It is actually harmful for them as their brains are still incapable of understanding the meaning of the bizzare images. Bad for their eyes and brain.

TapFluencer

I prefer not to expose my lo to tv or digital at such a young age. Their minds are developing and there are many things lo can explore, discover and play with. I would rather expose my lo to these exploits.

oh yes i do, every morning I'll on youtube nursery songs to my 4 months old baby on tv BUT no hp. personally i feel that as long as the room is bright enough and tv time isnt too long its fine :)

VIP Member

Its almost impossible to totally avoid. However, it is not recommended to watch any TV/mobile phone etc for young children as it can affect brain development. I'd say watch in moderation.

VIP Member

My baby has been watching tv since 3 months old. Haha.. she is 10 months now. I think as Long as you limit the screen time and the programme they watch, I think is fine.

Super Mum

I didn’t let my baby watch tv/iphone/ipad at all. Now at 3yo, she’d much rather read than watch tv. She only watches short videos/songs occasionally, and her eyesight remains good

WHO recommends no screen time for under 2. One hr a day for 2 and above, the lesser the better. My son alr gets screen time in school during weekdays, so I avoid it at home.

i allow to watch. in fact i will on it to allow some nursery rhymes for them. i limit the time for watching. else it would only be hearing of the songs as background musics