Formula Milk

After feeding your baby, there is left over. Do u leave for 1 hr then throw or 2 hrs then throw or just throw immediately?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to minimise your ounces when preparing milk . Formulas are so highly priced now . We gotta save as much as we can . Normally if he is supposed to get 4 oz of milk , i would prepare 3 oz . Depends on the situation and the time also . Usually wen he wakes up in the morning , or going to sleep , I will not minimise his milk intake , or even add 1 extra oz to make sure baby have enough milk .

Read more
Super Mum

If baby’s going to wake up after a short nap, I’ll keep it and use it to feed after baby wakes up. But if baby sleeps for a long time, I’ll throw it away (for me, about 1hr, since my house is quite warm)

I leave in the warmer max 1hours. In between I keep trying to feed after 5 or 10min... Usually after 3 to 4 try if my baby shows strong rejection and angry when trying than I'll throw.

I will store in fridge right away and feed baby on his nxt feed by adding more milk and hot water to the usual intake and you'll get the normal warm milk temp.

I will juz throw the leftovers as usually my baby will nap after milk and it will be a few hours after.

VIP Member

Throw cos my boy will just sleep for the next few hours. Over time will regulate the milk amount.

VIP Member

So as not to waste...formula is expensive afterall...keep it warm for 2hrs then throw

1hr as per the instruction on the tin

VIP Member

Throw n wash it immediately

Not more than an hour.