.. I want to know who is at fault here. When I was away from my husband for my delivery back in India, he had stayed in a shared accommodation with a family of 4 (a couple and two daughters). The wife apparently had discreetly flirted with my husband which my husband neither encouraged nor discouraged (according to me, he should've vacated the house then and there).. later on she apologised and when he shifted to a separate house because I was coming back after my delivery along with my then 5 month old, she called him once for lunch . He went (She even asked his choice of sweet and he told something for that as well) it's a mistake according to me.. he should've ignored it.. so this is the background .. now my son is nearly 18 months old Now few weeks back, we were in the process of shifting our house and then I came to know that she had packed all his kitchen stuff when he had actually moved out from their place. I got really pissed off because he gave her such a long rope when this should've ended long ago. So, I just stopped talking and told him A few harsh words.. my husband started full on crying, breaking his phone saying I am torturing Him constantly and cribbing constantly. I immediately felt bad and went to console him. He pushed me and I got hit on head (no major injury). But I was also upset and I walked out of the house saying I m never coming back. He followed me and then when I came back home, he hit me. Slapped and pushed. Now we have moved on it must be 3 weeks since the incident and he goes to this off mood where he keeps an irritated face (like he is disgusted to look at me) and says I can't believe you made me cry and you made me follow you around also. No wife does like this.. I have asked him for apology a million times. He thinks him hitting me isn't wrong at all. I am definitely sorry I put him through the situation where he had started crying. But I am changing myself a lot after knowing where I went wrong (for example I spoke harshly but I have never spoken harshly after that incident no matter how much I was provoked ) but I feel he is taking me for granted. He also keeps telling me that he'll never forget the incident I have a younger sister who is yet to be married. I don't want to move out of this marriage and soil Her life. Do you have any alternative solution ? How can I handle this? I really regret what I did and I feel I am Responsible for setting this marriage right. Update this: he told me now that only because I fight with him, our marriage has completely spoilt. He also spit on my face saying this is how I'll treat you if you fight with me.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Whatever problems are there, he shouldn't hit you. How was your marriage before this baby and he staying with someone else. Have you considered therapy? But anyway no matter how bad things are, there should be no physical violence. EVER. that is never tolerated. No spitting. nothing physical.