8 month old LO is quite strong and able to crawl quite well, how to prevent her from falling off the bed when she sleeps with us? (If she wakes up and we are still asleep)

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Good question. If she is sleeping in between you and your wife I guess when she crawls over both of you, you all will wake up? Then comes the problem of her crawling straight ahead.. You could get a bed rail and lay mattress or cushions on the ground around the bed in case she really does fall off she will be protected. For me I will put pillows around the border of the bed to make it harder for her to fall off bed and I will put her cot mattress at the spot where I think she may fall off and sofa cushions at the other spots.

Read more
8y ago

I think babies are hardier than we think ;) my niece fell off bed several times with no cushioning on the floor. Well she is five this year and seems to be still well. I am planning to move to sleeping on the mattress on the floor though.. I read somewhere actually sleeping on the floor is good for kids. Some Montessori learning method. They can explore the minute they wake up. But ...have to baby proof the room

Fortress of pillows! I swear. My son slept with us from day 1.. no issues but Im a light sleeper so I will stir quite easily. Better to have bed against the wall so u worry about just one side and foot of the bed..they will learn how to manoeuvre and get off though. Be prepared for that one day haha. That's more likely to happen then them falling head first or smth.. :)

Read more

Put a mattress on the floor, and put safety bed rails. Bed rails can be bought at takashimaya, kiddy palace, mothercare or any baby shops. Otherwise you can also try qoo10. The ones sold in qoo10 are alot higher (good if you have thick mattress) http://list.qoo10.sg/s/SAFETY-BED-RAIL?keyword=safety+bed+rail&keyword_auto_change=

Read more

If baby is sleeping in between you and your wife. Then the only concern is at the end of the bed. Which you can put cushion to break fall if that happens. Other way is teach your baby how to get down the bed.. its long process and got to keep repeating. Take it as a play time. Laugh with her and encourage her

Read more

Cushions, and carpet in the floor. Babies have metal heads, hard headed. Lol. What about pushing your bed against a wall? Of baby is awake wouldnt she wake either you or your wife up?you can also put the abc padded mats around the area.

Baby proof. Place baby mat and mattress on the floor. Cushions and pillows. Teach your lo how to get down by crawling backwards. They are capable of learning!

I would suggest baby proof the floor, the pillow n bolster wall won't work already. My 8 Mths old literally climb over my pillows+bolster+ comforter "wall"

We removed our bedframe and placed the mattress on the floor. We have also placed mattresses around the bed.

Put the mattress on the floor better. Because on the bed there is no way that u can prevent the fall

anyone actually putting the bed gate?

8y ago

I bought but realised it can't fit my bed. Cause my mattress is those sink in kind n the bed guard is for those mattress right on TOP of the frame kind