Hi mummies, how to force your 1yo to eat? Sometime he mood happy he eat! He mood not happy he don't want eat... I try cook give me other foods den keep eating porridge! But he spit out the food -.- what can I do to make him eat?? I scare he too small size or not enough protein :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Both my girls (age 4 and 19 months) are petite in size so I totally feel your worry on the size and weight. I know how worrisome it could be when you seeing how well another kid is eating while your kid just refuses to eat anything. Howver, I will still say it is a phase and you don't have to worry much. Have tried introducing BLW with your kids and let them eat together with you on the dining table? It works for us well and they tend to eat a lot more when we are dining together as a family. Also place a tray of healthy snack like fruit, vegetable stick at a place they can reach so that they can eat when they are hungry. Also, teething does affect their appetite too, my two girls do not eat anything but only breastmilk or yoghurt during their teething period as it hurt for them to bite. You can also read the book entitled "My Kids don't eat" by Carlos Gonzalez. It will share with you that it is normal and what are some of the ways to help them get their daily nutrition need. Hope my experience help!

Read more
7y ago

I bought the ebook online. Maybe you can try the local bookstore.

When my LO does not want to eat, I would just take the food away and offer again at the next meal. Unfortunately forcing does not work. The more you force, the more they will resist and may hate meal times altogether. As they grow older, it may lead to obesity as they don't know when to stop eating if someone is always forcing them to eat. There can be many reasons why they do not eat. Soiled diaper, tiredness, unhappy about certain things, not hungry, etc... As adults, sometimes we are not in the mood to eat too. So take it easy, it takes time for them to associate food and hunger. Good luck!

Read more
VIP Member

don't force feed. The more we force, the more they will reject food. Try a few times, if he doesn't want, just stop and maybe offer him milk. Slowly mummy