Not eating

My LO is 8m. Suddenly, he doesn’t want to eat. Been offering him different types of food, but he rejects. Previous months when first start solids, he was okay with accepting food. Suddenly he only prefers his baby biscuits and milk. What can I do to make him want to eat? Should I be worried at all if he doesn’t want to it? #advicepls #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hiiii my baby is eight months too but i avoid biscuits because empty calories and lots of sugar. That was the first prevention for this picky eating issue. But even so my baby is not eating rice, porridge etc or anything soupy and carbs What kind of foods have u tried? Surprisingly my baby likes toasted food like eggplants, sardines, beans etc all with olive oil. I made sure all of them are long like fish fingers so baby can self feed since she doesnt like to be fed. Otherwise can slowly ease into steamed fruits? Maybe he likes the sweet taste. Milk is very sweet too so i see the pattern that she prefers fruits over anything bland. Need to try different flavours and cuts too to gather some interest. Oh and try different environment too like she feeds better on the floor but not on a high chair according to mood 😅 Im worried too but at this stage its usually exploring different textures taste and not actually getting much food into the tummy. more toward building confidence in chewing and trying new things before they meet that level of getting full and range of nutrients from solid foods. Its worrying and im giving myself until 12 months before i panic and ask a peads or nutritionist for help. I hope it goes well for u!

Read more

Trial and error to find out root cause of his food rejection. Is it because he prefer to feed himself? Is it because the way food is served is not exciting enough to him? Is it because the food variety needs to be wider? Sometimes it’s just a temporary phase that they will grow out of. But if it’s persisting for more than 1 week or so then you should be concerned for nutritional deficiencies. So long his milk intake is still there it’s okay for now, temporarily. Sometimes he may need to see you eating with him and enjoying the same food with him too. Then peer pressure he finds it yummy to. So just try diff things to see which sticks!

Read more