My 3yrs old girl go to preschool. And she seldom drink water so cause her constipation. Any solution ?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I think you can make some juice for her which she likes and fill in her bottle and she then would herald drink it. You can also have two, three sippers at home and keep them filled with water or different varieties of homemade juice and keep them all around the home. This way your daughter would out of curiosity would drink from it. Let those sippers be of her choice. Like, Elsa or Anna painted on the sipper and things alike. Also, whenever you go to the park, make sure to carry her water bottle to the park. This is the best time when she would have plenty of water and that too without your telling her to do so. In the parks kids play and they feel thirsty when they get tired of playing. Since, most of the kids carry their water bottles, she would also want to drink seeing other kids do the same.

Read more

hi there. i think that there are many good suggestions that the above commentaries have mentioned. just to add that if she does not have hard stools or finds it difficult to s*** and she has a regular pattern (e.g. alternate day or once in 3 days) - then it is ok actually. don't need to stress to get her to fibre and water up so as to s*** everyday. a regular and little effort pattern is the key there is also a perspective that there could be a lack of "oil" in the diet (tcm perspective) or u could bring her to tcm to see the constipation. the oil concept is that there is not enough lubricant for the stools to move. u can go for healthy sources like nuts and coconut oil yar

Read more

Usually in preschool the kids will drink their water due to peer pressure, the teachers may need some coaxing. Or u may Replaced with diluted Ribena,glucose water?though not good to keep drinking sweet drinks but better den none.give her more fruits like prunes , kiwi, banana etc which provides fibre. Play games with her to trick her into drinking plain water at home eg, who can fin a cup of water first n reward her if she wins? Or play patient n dr n give her some water in syringes

Read more

my boys do having this problem and every time he have to go to the toilet end up crying cos due to constipation. and cannot poo out . i have try lot of fruit like banana payaya prune and also did let him have more water bit still the same. end up i try yogurt which really work for him. maybe u can try too. and also the longer days she never go poo meaning their poo is getting more and more hard inside. try if she can poo daily. this also help too

Read more

Do inform her teacher so that they can help on this. When they are back home try to let them drink more water. Also fruits that start with P are usually good for easing constipation : papaya, plum, prune , pear Veggies like spinach and sweet potato are also good for constipation Have you given your gal yoghurt or probiotics before? It helps digestion too

Read more
8y ago

Got feed her prune juice ,papaya and vegetables. still cannot work. think because no drink enough water.constipation can last her 4 day. only I feed her yellow dragon fruit then she able pass motion.

U can try Yakult for reward if she finish the water in school.. cos is good to have it once daily and constipation will be solve too...

Can try give her so fruit juice , or can try some fruit like papaya , try to encourage her to drink more water

Hi, u can try to give probiotic. It does help in constipation and can be bought from GNC