Amebiasis

My 3months old baby boy ebf was diagnosed with amebiasis last Sunday when we rushed him to CHMC-ER due to fresh blood stains in his stool. The doctor said maybe he got it from me, & asked what did I previously ate. In my mind 'He got from my milk?' and I was trembled. I can't believe it. I was very stressed thinking of it. Blaming myself that time. Then I remembered, I just got back to office and I hand-expressed my milk in our CR. Maybe, maybe the milk was contaminated there. But upon research my baby could get it in many ways, from human transmission, people who carry these bacteria holds his hands(that he puts in his mouth), feeding bottles that weren't washed well, etc. Immediate my husband decided that I should resign from work asap to take care of our child. Lessons learned: Family First Direct latch is very important Wash & sanitize well - bottle feeding, our hands etc. Don't compromise. Invest. P.S. Aside from the blood stains. My baby's very active, frequently latching & haven't experienced fever. Trials/problems are normal in life, the thing is when we trust God, we'll be able to see good despite of going through it. He provides, He gives hope and peace. Happy New Year! Be blessed & prosperous ahead

Amebiasis
1 Reply
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

Thankyou for this momsh! Very informative. Getwell bb, happy new year :)