Milk strike?

My 3month old bb seem to be on milk strike recently. Half way thru the feeding he will push off the teat and refuse to continue after burping. His milk intake is getting lesser. Any idea how to tackle this issue? Could it be related to his 3rd leap?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 3 month old had this issue too! Just that hers is she totally didn’t want to drink at all, so I can totally understand how worried you just be feeling now, my poor mummy Friend! What I did was to give her gripe water twice a day (for last feed at 10pm before STTN n first feed at 7am). It helped n she drinks easier now! Not sure if it’ll work for your child or not! But anyway, I think it’s quite common for 3-4months old babies to have this period of milk strike! It’ll pass! Most websites say it might last 1-2weeks!

Read more
5y ago

I know this feeling! The websites said 1-2weeks but I told myself that I’ll give it 1 month to avoid disappointment! If after 1 month still the same, I’ll bring her to pd! I think for my girl it lasted about 1 week plus to 2 weeks before I started trying gripe water! I’m using Woodward’s gripe water! Maybe you can give it a try too? Hope your little one will start drinking as per normal soon again then you can rest easier!!

VIP Member

Check ur LO' mouth. My LO oso faced similar for 2weeks then we bring to PD, turned out to be oral thrust, some inflammation in the mouth cavity tat y she refused to drink ):

5y ago

His mouth cavity seem fine after bringing him to kk yesterday. 😞

Wahaha tts the time need try new tits or other way of feeding le . Sometime maybe is the milk flow very slow than they drink till bored

VIP Member

Yes, it's most likely a leap. Instead of bottle, try cups etc. Have to keep experimenting!

5y ago

Sure will try cup feeding instead 😞

VIP Member

Maybe try to check if there anything inside baby's mouth? Maybe something boring him..

5y ago

We brought him to kk yesterday. His mouth and throat all seem fine. 😓

Change to a bigger teat I had this problem with my baby last time too