Struggling When Drinking Milk

My 3 month old been struggling alot lately when drinking milk. It starts out fine then when we stop her halfway to burp, trouble begins. She will yell and arch her back refuse to let us sit her up to burp. I usually then either carry her upright over my shoulder which she calms down or continue to try feeding her. Sometimes she carries on drinking but not without pulling away from the bottle after a few sucks and yell and arch back again until slowly coax her to finish. At times after struggling for some time she will cry n cry, get tired and fall asleep without finishing the bottle. On good times she will finish after like 30-45mins. What's going on? Is the teat too slow for her? I'm using 0+ and 1m+ teat now should I upsize?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Arching back is a sign she's having pain in the tummy. Can you try giving her gentle a tummy massage when that happens? You can do bicycle legs also.

4y ago

Ya I think could bd tummy pain not sure whether due to her rota virus vaccination last week? Her poop is now slightly more runny.