2 months old teat size

My baby is 2 months old and most of her bottle feeding has been a battle with her. She drinks 100ml in average however have to takes multiple burp breaks as she will suck cry kick halfway through and that will take an hour for her to finish her bottle. Any advice for me as ftm so that she can be less fussy during feeding? By the way she’s already on pigeon size 2 teat and unsure if it’s too much to let her try size 3 which is way beyond her age. #firstbaby #pleasehelp

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

You might want to do some changes to her ml but up her number of feedings. For example, if she currently drink 100 ml and 6 times a day of feeding then change it to 80ml and 8 times a day feeding. You may want to see changes if she drinks better. Or perhaps stick to the number of feeding but reduce her ml. Not all babies intake will be the same and not necessarily you need to change bottle teats too. It can also be that it is a growth period that they suck cry kick fussy when drinking milk at times. To me as long as they drink well, not murder cry, not much of bloated tummy, poop colour is good then I am happy. But, if I am in doubt, ill QnA with doctor during check up and ill google where necessary. This is what Ill do even with two kids. Because not all kids are the same. Hope this helps 🥰

Read more