Struggling When Drinking Milk

My 3 month old been struggling alot lately when drinking milk. It starts out fine then when we stop her halfway to burp, trouble begins. She will yell and arch her back refuse to let us sit her up to burp. I usually then either carry her upright over my shoulder which she calms down or continue to try feeding her. Sometimes she carries on drinking but not without pulling away from the bottle after a few sucks and yell and arch back again until slowly coax her to finish. At times after struggling for some time she will cry n cry, get tired and fall asleep without finishing the bottle. On good times she will finish after like 30-45mins. What's going on? Is the teat too slow for her? I'm using 0+ and 1m+ teat now should I upsize?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Yes, please upsize to 3m+ And if baby doesn’t throw up or regurgitate milk, you can try without the burping during the feed:)

4y ago

If she drinks less per feed, would you like to try adding 1-2 more feeds during the day time to see if the total volume can increase? At this age, my LO was also very resistant to drinking, and needed frequent breaks in between feeds, so she had many small feeds. The Ridwind helped her to pass out the gas more easily and be less fussy. Post vaccination fussiness lasted up to 10 days for my LO, especially the rotavirus vaccine, which made her tummy very uncomfortable.