My 3 children has been sleeping very late. As late as 3-4am. Now the youngest joined in. All of them below 5years old. I am really exhausted. I have no idea how to readjust their body clock.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

its very easy to put them sleep if u take little steps initially... start with kid who makes loud noise nd very naughty.. if u make tat kid to sleep automatically its easier to make other kids to sleep so fast. wen u make 1 kid to sleep send other kids to ur husband to another room...initially it may take long hrs may b even hlf hr to 1 hr also for 1st kid to sleep.. den try wit next ...den next..everyday if u follow with exact time which is convenient for u they ll get tuned to ur timings... its very easy to tune the kids ..initially it ll b always difficult.. v hav to b calm and patient... feed them full in nite... everything ll b ok...dont worry...

Read more

Suggest setting up a fixed bedtime routine - 6pm dinner 7pm play 8pm start getting ready for bed 830-9pm should be in bed, limit responding to their requests, to make it less interesting for them to stay awake. there should not be a TV in their room, if so, it should be off. No computer / iPad playing in the evening Ensure that if they take an afternoon nap,, they are up by 4pm You will likely have to enforce this structure consistently over one to two weeks, but children this age do respond easily to a new structure once it is enforced. Good luck!

Read more

let the kids have a fixed time schedule n must be firm with it ..Like 9pm all have to change payjamas,brush teeth,drink milk and all have to lay down on their bed with dim light in the room..During the 1st few trys there will be cries or trantrum but once we stay firm with the rountine kids will respond quite easy and eventually they can follow and sleep early..Ensure no one in the family give in ..Stay strong , i believe you can make it..

Read more

Make sleeping a fun affair! Arrange for an indoor camping activity and have everyone sleep in the living room. In the day time, have lots of activities to "tire" them out and by night time, hopefully they will be tired.

VIP Member

Why do they sleep so late? -you let them continue play? -you let them continue watch tv? What time do they wake up? - they don't have school? Do they take afternoon or evening nap?

Read more