Boss Hinting

It's my 2nd pregnancy in the company. Recently, my boss has been hinting me to get a job (that is work-life balance) after my ML ended. Its true, I'm not looking to stay long in the company but I hope to secure a job before they do anythink to me. Can a company terminate me after my ML ended? As times are bad, I don't want to be jobless.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hinting doesn’t mean you’re getting fired but seems like you’re getting pressured to resign. I’m not sure if you have solid evidence to bring your case to MOM (if you are not technically fired yet). Mid to last month of maternity leave, apply for jobs that you desire or in industry that you have been interested to try. In another perspective, your boss is right you know, that we as mothers would want a work-life balance. Maybe he just meant well and your current job indeed does not provide that kind of benefit. We are sensitive when we are pregnant and we take everything as personal attack but maybe it’s not.

Read more

I understand your worry. When I informed my boss I was pregnant, I was asked to resign. I know this is not right and that I could report to MOM. However, I was having a difficult pregnancy and don't have the energy to fight. So I just resigned. Hope this won't happen to you. When I shared my plight to a recruiter, she sympathise with my situation and gave me a job to work from home. Now after my baby is born, I can still continue take care of baby and work from home. There are heartless people in this world but there are also kind people.

Read more
VIP Member

You can definitely report go MOM.

VIP Member

You can report to MOM.