To work or not to?

Hi mummies, do u feel if this company is reliable? I used to have a full time job for many years but have since been jobless for a year plus due to caring for my baby and now pregnant with 2nd one going 6 months..when I didn't know I'm pregnant my response for interviews are pretty good. Now no companies would want to hire as I'm in mid pregnancy. However there is this agency that says they are willing to employ me even though I'm pregnant and after discussion through whatsapp I've decided to take on the part time role as it suits my current lifestyle so that I can have time to care for my toddler after his school. Thing is this agency told me twice they are going to call me for a phone interview but also put my aeroplane twice. For the first time, I msged and asked if they are still hiring and say yes and will rearrange. But everything takes very long since I got to know this person..around 2 months now and not confirm. Recently said want to hire me and then again did not call me. I think for a business this behaviour is not reliable. The reason they gave previously is that their family fell sick and husband busy with work. The agency is owned by the husband btw. Should I trust this agency? The husband asks me to start work on a certain date, says calling me at this date and time for a phone interview but did not manage to do so again. Should I work for such agency? The reason for me to get a job is to secure the working mum subsidy for my toddler sch fees. I've calculated my finance and can still be jobless for till end of this year as I'm currently pregnant and able to get the special additional subsidy for my toddler sch fees..just worry about next year sch fees unless i can get a full time job in Jan. Should i work for this agency 1st? #pleasehelp

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got no trust with this company especially disappear for about 2 months? If this company really needs someone they will not wait till that long.. And is a self-owned company which I am quite worried if they will pay you or will they even declare you’re working for them, if they don’t then you won’t get subsidy at all.. Furthermore they didn’t get back to you twice is definitely a no-no to me.. I am not sure if you have spoken to your husband about your worries, perhaps can try see if your first kid can go for whole day centre after baby 2 is born? Then consider for a full time job after a good rest from delivered baby 2.. Of course by then you will need to send baby 2 to IFC, which is another cost.. But of course you can always still trying looking for part time job by then and I know some admin position do need part timers.. Just need to looking around (esp during Dec year end a lot ppl tends to resign after bonus)

Read more

I wouldn't trust this company since they are so slow in their response. it seems they are not that serious.. and I've worked in a family-run business and eventually the bosses (husband and wife) left everything for me to handle since I'm the so-called PA to the boss. I actually applied for admin assistant but had to do all the 'dirty-work' for them as well. so I won't recommend gg with this company at all. pls apply at a proper job agency instead even if it's part-time job u're looking for.

Read more
2y ago

Noted thanks for your advice.

hi mummy for working mother subsidy u can still continue to get for ur #1 ad long as u declare u care for #2 which is below 24 months old. it is only after #2 turn 2 years and above then u need to be working in order to continue the subsidy.

if the job is yours, it will be yours. dont stress urself too much! also there are alot of jobs out there, dont need to rely on this agency which is slow in their responses. agree w the others, later they withold ur salary.. etc

No idea what they are up to but sounds weird. If I were you, I would be looking at other alternative jobs instead of just waiting for this one job.

I would advise you not to work for such a company. Worst you don’t want to end up not getting paid after started working.

2y ago

Noted thanks mummy!

Have you googled on the agency? Anyway i wont recommend going as well. Feels kinda weird 😅

TapFluencer

go to another agency. shouldn't proceed since you already feel uncomfortable with them