swollen feet

21 weeks pregnant & my feet has already swell.. is this normal?? Some says its too early..

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi babe, refrain from eating salty food and drink atleast 2.5l of water. When i was warded for asthma at 36weeks preg back then, i didnt have any swollen feet as the nurse and doc said that it's bcos i dont eat salty food and water intake was good. On top of that dont dangle ur leg. Eg 1 leg on bed and the other leg dangling, it will also be the cause of swollen feet according to my massage aunty . I didnt believe at first till i dangle my feet at 38wks and boom goes my right feet as i only dangle my right feet 😂

Read more
5y ago

Ouhk..will try..thank you so much for the tips..its funny that every little thing is a hugeee worry right now..😁

Better to consult your gynae because every pregnancy is different. I had very bad swell during my 2nd half trimester. Everyone says it's normal to swell but I felt that it's not. And during my regular check up. Gynae found out its pre-eclampsia and was send to hospital immediately. 3 days later, had C-sect and baby was out but had to stay in Nicu for 10days. So best to seek gynae advice. All the best!

Read more
5y ago

Oh dear..that is worrying..how long do u swell?is it everyday or once a while?

Drink more water ok. My gynae says drink water can reduce water retention and it really works for me

5y ago

Thanks for the tips!will try it out. 😊

VIP Member

I’ve water retention early too - i was told that it’s due to us drinking cold water

5y ago

I see..so no more cold water for now i guess..☺️

Base on individual... i havent seen my feet swell yet ... week 25

TapFluencer

Water retention? Drink more water and cut down salty food

Only happen after birth, after one week of giving birth.

I have the same thing! And i have carpal tunnel too😭😭

It's normal. If u r worried better check with gynae

Super Mum

Depends on individual so can consult your gynae