My 20-month-old had her first visit to the dentist today and she cried so hard even though no procedure was done (just checking how many teeth she had and if there were cavities). At what age did you bring your child to the dentist such that he was happy to be there and not scared of the procedure?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My second child's first visit was at 15 months old. She hated it. She's been to the dentist three times already and each time she wailed like a banshee. But better to see her distressed in that situation than not bring her at all and suffer the consequences of poor dental hygiene left unchecked by the dentist. Which is what happened to my firstborn. We didn't bring her to the dentist until she started complaining of toothache at 3 years old. Then we found out she had cavities and needed pulp treatment and silver crowns put in. She had to undergo general anesthesia because she had so many teeth that needed treatment. It was horrible to see her all drugged up and unconclscious and it was even more horrifying for her to experience it. But after that whole ordeal, she's fine now with going to the dentist and gamely opens her mouth to get her teeth checked and cleaned.

Read more
VIP Member

did you bring her to a pediatric dentist? I heard reviews of a kids dentist at paragon. which are more skilled in handling kids. Able to share you go to which dentist? i'm intending to send my elder son to see a dentist

Read more