My 2 week girl cry very loud everytime I bathe her. Any way to help her not to cry?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

prep your baby b4 bath time. I will tell baby like.. "baby we are going to bath now. mummy is going to remove your clothes now.. I'm removing your diaper now.. are you ready? mummy is washing your hair now.. etc etc.." Sometimes the water might also be too hot for baby so you need to observe if temp is right. Sometimes if you are nervous yourself, baby can sense it can they also get nervous. So stay calm during bath time.

Read more

did you tell your baby that you are bathing her.... did you put her in water immediately after taking her clothes off coz you might scare her... did you rem to check the temperature of the water with your elbow before bathing her... did you put some warm water on her chest first and talk to her continuously even slowly putting her down into the tub as well?

Read more
7y ago

I told her going to bathe then when take off her cloth she will cry. After wrap her up with towel she is ok. Then when clean her face with cotton balls she cry again.

there are many factors to why a baby will cry during showering. Water temp shock as in suddenly going into water. before baby, pre empt baby that she is gg to bath. take some water and pat on the chest.

Read more
VIP Member

could it be the environment is cold or the water is cold. When the temp is warm enough, they usually will be very comfortable and soothe by the water feeling on them

7y ago

if you have a thermometer test for water temp to be about 37degC. sometimes a slight difference in temp makes them uncomfortable. hope it helps.

do you use wet cloth to pat her chest say 前拍拍冲凉不怕, back also like this say后拍拍冲凉不怕。slowly put her down. see her song also can

it's quite normal. they usually get pretty used to it. give her sometime. during bath times most important thing is mummy cannot freak out as well.

How do u bathe her?