My Baby Cry When I Leave Her Out Of Sight

My 11 months old cry loudly when I leave her for few seconds. I will rush myself out from toilet n come back to her ASAP. How do I train her to not cry when I leave the room? Should I rush to her everytime she cry or let her cry abit?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy, i faced the same issue as well. We got her hard covered books, a few soft toys (animals that my daughter likes) puzzle games and switch on tv or music etc and place them in the playpen for her to read or play with whenever i got to leave her for alone for awhile. i started off by putting her in the playpen while im a few metres away and still within her sight. Gradually, i will stay further away and explain to her that mama got to make her milk or go to the wash room and will be back. soon after, she got used to it (me being away and her entertaining herself with toys and books) and stop crying.

Read more
VIP Member

I wld probably let her cry out a bit... soon she will understand that u will be back. Jus continue talking to her even while ur in the loo. I normally placed her where she can see me so that the crying wld not be that bad. Or, if i am alone n need to shower (quick one) I wld jus on the TV (any baby show with those baby rhymes) to keep them entertained for a while. A lil Tv is useful but not too long.

Read more
4y ago

I see. Thank u 😊. On TV use to work last time. But now it doesn't work 😄

VIP Member

Story of my life 😅