Proceed for scheduled Vaccination or not

Hi. My 2 month old son is down with flu and cough for about a week. Is it advisable to proceed for his scheduled vaccination tomorrow at the polyclinic for DTap (D1), IPV (D1), Hib (D1)? I checked through HPB webpage and found that they mentioned under one of the point form "Immunisation is only given when a child is found to be fit". But because this is given during his 3 month mark and if postpone, the rest of the vaccines has to be push back as well.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please inform your doctor about your LO's fever before the vaccination is given. They might be able to advice you based on how your child is feeling at that time.

Super Mum

Hi, it will be good to seek professional advise. As they will proceed with vaccinations if it’s not too serious.

VIP Member

My vaccination is also postpone. The doc will take the temperature of the baby and access. 1-2 weeks delay is alright.

5y ago

Yes I proceeded with 1 and delay another 1 I rmb. Cause the previous night fever so was risky.

VIP Member

Hi... I think it is best to seek professional advise ie from the doctor and nurses.

VIP Member

Best to check with professional only .. can’t suggest with half knowledge .. :(

Best to inform the nurse before the vaccine