My 1yo boy doesnt like water. Thus, still rely on formula for his liquid intake on daily basis. Any good ideas to introduce plain water to baby? TQ!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Continuosly try giving water via milk bottle. He will not wanna suck at first. Squeeze out water by pressing on e bottle teat when he is not drinking or struggling. At least he gets to swallow some water. Continue to do so after EVERY feed. Sooner or later, he will grow to drink it. Hv to train them. I did tat n my boy can drink 80ml of water after each feed? Lol! I choose not to add in any juice into e plain water no matter how little it is.. Cos i dun wan my boy to get used to e taste. Even if it is a little bit of juice added, e taste is still there..

Read more

Make it a game for them! They will love it eventually. For example, I will do a "big cheer" with them to drink water together or a game to see who can drink faster. I also get many different cute straw for them to drink the water. My girl like water a lot and will ask for it herself when she see us drink water. Maybe because I like to drink water too.

Read more

my boy doesn't like water as well. but I'll try to add some colouring like diluted jucies for a start.not a fan of it, but I don't have other options. I also buy him water bottles that he likes. and I negotiate with him too, for example he can eat his chocolates, and he has to drink water.

VIP Member

Hmmm, haven't heard of a problem like this before. How about giving him ice cubes (in fun shapes like star or heart) or giving him ice chips or shaved ice shaped like a snowcone? Try to make drinking water fun for him. Good luck!

VIP Member

It's quite common for toddlers to not like plain water. I will usually add a little juice or coloring (ribena) to trick them into drinking water. Slowly you can reduce the coloring and let them drink just plain water

Read more
8y ago

Yes. keep giving water and just remind about it non stop.

U can give coconut water which is gd for them

VIP Member

How about trying fruits infused water?