baby's sleep

At 10 mths, baby is still waking at least 6 times at night to feed.. some days it's every hour, worse than newborn time. Never done sleep training before, it's either carry or nurse to sleep that can work.. Anyone can share if it ever ends or what should we do? Not sure how to hold out. Thanks :))

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Start sleep training. Really. My daughter was sleep trained a few months ago, and it makes all the difference in the world. Now at 8 months, she’s suddenly waking up more at night again (maybe teething), but I give her a couple of minutes to try to self soothe, and she does manage to at least half the time. I’m also cutting down the duration of my night feeds to wean her off night feeding, and the result’s been pretty promising so far. My worst nights had 8 feeds, now on good nights it’s 1 feed. Aiming for zero by 1 year old.. As for sleep training, there are many methods. You can go read up and choose one that works for you. My baby didn’t do well with the no tears/check in methods. She either didn’t sleep or got more worked up, so we had no choice but to use the cry it out method. Was difficult to watch initially, but it’s awesome now, and she’s a really happy girl, not emotionally scarred. All the best with your sleep training! May you get more and better sleep soon:)

Read more
4y ago

First daughter took 2 weeks to have absolutely no crying and was happy to be put to bed every night Second daughter took about a month to be better. Now, she sometimes cries for a few minutes when she sees me leaving the room, sometimes no tears.

How much does he drink each time? My baby is 9mo now and he wake up hourly too after 3am. We only give him water cos we suspect its the mouth dryness caused by aircond that wake him up.

4y ago

I think he feeds more at night then in the day.. reverse cycling, just wants to play in the day. Tried water and he refused the bottle. 😥😭