6 Replies

Everything that we choose to do or not do now will hp shape his sleeping habit and that is a sleeping habi that u don't want to be shaped. All babies like to sleep ion the mother's chest because of the warmth, security and the familiar heartbeat but u cannot be baby sleep sleep for 1-2 hrs u let him sleep on u and u don't do a thing? U would sill need to go toilet, eat ur food etcetc. If u cultivate such habit, baby will want to sleep on u every time he wakes up in the middle of the night and if for some reason u are not there at bedtime, baby will wait for u. When he fall asleep, transfer him to the bed/cot. Gradually u should progress to when he is semi asleep in ur arms, he will go into the cot, then hopefully transition to the can sleep by himself with u beside. By 9 months, baby can be 9 kg...not a feasible long term plan for sleeping on the chest i would say. Can sleep slightly to the sides when u put him down

Hi as ur baby is still very small he might fee more secured when he is near u as he can feel ur heartbeat just like when he is in ur womb. I am not sure if u saddle ur baby. It can add sense of security to him. Then from there u can try to pat him sleep or let him sleep on his own.

Dont worry dear, babies will out grow it. My boy sleeps on me as well. I mean he has been in your tummy, its comfort zone for him. Ill really treasure the moments. When he is older, he wont want it anymore.

VIP Member

If continue like this, u are not letting baby to be independent which is a very bad thing. Once he stick to you like koala bear, you will know how bad it is!

It's ok! He won't sleep on ur chest forever!

thanks