Baby in NICU

Hi, my 1 day daughter is warded in NICU at TMC due to low oxygen level. Anyone knows wat is the extra cost? Since my girl is a IVF baby, we did sign up for Great Eastern life insurance for IVF babies, im not sure if it covers NICU. Any idea on the cost?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think the insurance should cover, but check your policy that was given to you or ask your agent. Even in public hospitals, NICU is probably about $1000/day, so it’s probably even more in TMC. Congratulations on your beautiful baby! It’s not easy to have your little one go to NICU. My first daughter had to go to NICU for a few hours, and although the duration was not long, I was anxious. Just said a little prayer for your baby. Hang in there and recover/rest well from your labour ❤️

Read more

Hi, I think the insurance should cover this but please check with your insurance agent about this and also at the hospital. hope all goes well.

VIP Member

A quick check with your agent should helps? Or you can visit TMC admin office, they do give estimated cost.

VIP Member

Do check with your insurance agent and also the admin staff in the hospital. Hope all goes well!

Super Mum

Thoughts and prayers for your gal. Please quickly check with GE.

Best to check with agent.