You would prefer your maid to address you as "Ma'am", or calling your name?

73 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Whatever she's comfortable with is fine, so long as mutual respect is there. Our household helpers are usually older than I am so they prefer to call me by my first name.

I prefer being called by my name. But have found that some helpers are actually uncomfortable with it, so at those points have stuck with being called Ma'am.

VIP Member

I guess they are trained to called ma'am. But by calling us ma'am they will know that we are their boss, and they won't be up to funny things.

I personally prefer her calling me by my name. I feel like it'll be much more comfortable for the both of us if we're less formal with each other.

I would prefer being called ma'am as I feel this is more respectful to me, as an employee. If calling me by name, I find it will be too friendly.

totally depends on who you are. if you believe or want to support equality , you should force it to be a name for communication.

Seeing as I prefer to treat a maid like family so that she will feel included and not like an external weekend hired help.

Mam for me as well. Sometimes not don't want to be nice. But being too close makes it hard. So better to draw a line.

I would prefer my helper to address me by my name. To me, it builds a comfortable bond between me and my helper.

if shes older than me she can call me by my name, if shes younger shell need to us some TITLE to reference me