Feeling upset just want to rant

Yesterday night I received an sms saying my signpost parcel needs to be redelivered. As I do have 1 singpost parcel, I clicked the link which leads to me a very authentic looking singpost website, the color scheme, the covid announcement safe measurements in red, my supposed parcel with its tracking details and I was asked to key in my personal details-name, address, phone number. I was then lead to the next page that requires me to pay a small fee of $2+ for redelivery which I felt weird as I don't think singpost will request fee for redelivery? Hence at that moment I knew its a scam. I have been scammed keying in my personal details but luckily I did not give my bank details for the small redelivery fee. I den told my husband about it and he flared up at me and say next time ask him first why I go and reveal my personal details. I am very upset as scammmers nowadays are getting very smart, and I do have my brains to check and think also hence I did not submit my bank details. But husband was over the roof and refused to listen to my explanation. I den told him giving my home address and hp number are public details scammers can't do much. He said the point is if anything is wrong with delivery the seller should be the one handling it and not me. I said I know that is why I did not key in the payment details for the redelivery fee. However he refused to listen to my explanation as he just lalallala all the way while I was explaining and I felt extremely exhausted at his childishness. I'm also currently pregnant with #2 and makes me even more exhausting talking to him wanting to explaining myself. Hence I shut up and refused to talk till now. Sometimes I really don't know what he is thinking. Is it my fault I got scammed? And because recently a scammer posed as my fb frn and chatted with me and i find the convo as its asking about some other countries union fund which i can apply hence i asked my husband and he said its a scam. His friend also kanna this scam in fb. So my husband was saying i never learn from the fb incident. However i did not get scammed and while talking felt not right so did not reveal about myself too so wad is it i never learn?#advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Scams - Whatever links don’t click, be it SMS/Email. Nowadays scammers even used the official numbers of certain brands to send texts. When in doubt, always call in to check or go on the official website. Phone calls from 65 or foreign countries, don’t and never pick up. 1 accidental pick up may result in an unknown charges on your bills. Husband - He probably felt annoyed despite him telling you again and again, you still responded to the scams. It’s not whether you did or did not get scam.. so what happens if you did? Like you gave them the chance to scam you cause you responded in the first place. But I do agree that the way your husband responded was uncalled for.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for your reply and advise. 🙏

He’s just worried and concerned for you. maybe he got scammed or his family? Maybe he is afraid you’re the gullible type and easy to trust people. Or since you’re pregnant with #2 so money is very important, can’t afford to lose a single cent. His reaction is indeed over the top. I guess he’s the easily angered type? Next time don’t rush to click on this kind of scams. Always check first when in doubt. Read up more on scams and spot the signs.

Read more