hi working mummies, how do y'all prepare lunch box to bring to work? the night before? let's say start work @ 8:30am.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Prepare the night before, or try some food which can be done the night before and eaten cold. Below are some suggestions which you can prepare and heat in staff pantry microwave - Pasta Salad - Pasta - Fried Rice - Fried Pasta Usually dry food are a better option then soupy food.

Read more
7y ago

Just normal pasta sauce. Lesser abit and stir fry it!

VIP Member

Like for salads and sandwiches, you can prepare the ingredients the night before so you can just toss them all together in the morning. Slice them up, dice, grate, dry, whatever you need to do - then set aside for the evening and assemble in the morning. :)

7y ago

Hahaha! You could try noodles. Pack the noodles and the broth separately. Put broth in a microwaveable container so you can heat it up without overcooking the noodles. :)

TapFluencer

i didnt pack food to bring... i had bought food from supermarket during lunch & left them in the office for days I decided to eat in.

I used to pack the night before. morning I'll grab and go. the office has a staff pantry, I'll warm up the food in the microwave.

7y ago

hmm, any recipes to intro? thanks mama

You can use the left over rice from previous day to do a quick fried rice with egg and minimum vegies

Super Mum

Depending on what I’m bringing. Heh. Sometimes the night before, sometimes that morning itself

sunday is my meal prep days for M-T/F. too tired and no time to prepare daily

I generally prepare the night before and pack. I heat it up in office pantry

You can try, fried rice, sandwiches, salads, Dry food is easier.

VIP Member

You can prepare the day before and heat up at work