SG’s safe distancing measures as at 29 March

With the increase to 10 pax, any 1st trim mummies being pressured to meet up with friends? Are you fearful of meeting large groups of people? My friends are not aware that I am pregnant and I don’t want to risk accidentally sharing food with 9 other people at one social gathering. But my friends are pressing me. It’s so annoying. I’ll still reject to be safe for my baby. Just wondering how you girls managed such situations?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Friends who really care about your safety wouldn’t press you in the first place. Nothing is more important than my baby (whether baby is in me or out). If they feel that because you rejected their gathering request hence they stopped asking you out, so be it then… (above is just my POV) 😄 I asked those who wants to visit my baby to do ART back then when I just gave birth, pretty much everyone complied. Passed the ART before they see baby. No complaints.

Read more
2y ago

Yea I understand where you’re coming from. They dont know I am pregnant so they are very eager to catch up. And I don’t intend to share that I am pregnant anytime soon either. I agree with you, I’ll definitely prioritize my baby’s health and not agree to meeting them.

Let them know you’re not up for a gathering at the moment due to other commitments or you’re not feeling too well and would like to skip this session. Maybe when things are more stabilised and you’re ready to let them know, you can schedule the next meet up. Probably in a smaller group. 🙈

2y ago

That’s nice. Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a good reply I can try if they pressure me again.