Motherhood And Covid

Do you still go out with your friends when you have a newborn? I feel lonely at times especially when none of my friends are mothers yet. I find it hard to explain my fears of the virus affecting my newborn, but I really wish I can meet my friends and have life back to normal again. I hope I am not the only one feeling this kind of fear.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You are not alone! I'm also a new mummy to a 3 month old boy and we just had our very first outing yesterday (excluding clinic and grandparents house). I have been very paranoid about this pandemic and had been wearing masks everyday at work since early Feb till I gave birth. We may seem kiasu kiasi, but its all for the sake of our children. My extended family and friends are excited to meet my LO but are understanding and we just meet up over video calls. You may also want to join some mummy WhatsApp groups if you would like some mummy conversations! :)

Read more

I have yet to go out with friends but we're doing home visits in small groups. They will wash their hands before touching their babies and those who are unwell or have someone they know who is unwell won't turn up for the gathering. Many of my friends are not mothers. Staying in all day with a newborn can be isolating, I feel you. I have a 2mo and I'm home most of the time. Maybe take small steps to see what works for you? Have you friends expressed anything to show that they are not understanding of your concerns?

Read more

I would suggest don't bring your baby along as the situation doesn't seem better. Just my two cents worth.

I understand what you are going through but it is better to take precautions for the newborn

Say to say.. only mothers who been through the same thing understand how you feel.

VIP Member

Yes. But if i bring my newborn along i ensure that my frens handrub their hands.

TapFluencer

You're not alone. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

TapFluencer

No