My wife is very hot tempered and she like to hit me when she lose her temper. She will dig her fingernail into my skin and sometimes she will slam my head against the wall. I don't want to hit her back. I love her. I believe she loves me too. How can I calm her down. And stop her from abusing me like this.

111 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Sorry to say but it doesn’t look like being ‘hot tempered,’ this seems more akin to domestic violence. I would suggest confronting your wife about it. Usually people who express their anger through violent behaviour are unable to express it any other way. But that does not mean there is no other way. Please speak with your partner about the things that make her violently angry and tell her how much it hurts you to see her this way. You must also tell her about the physical pain it causes you and ask her to be empathetic and put herself in your shoes. More often than not you will realise that direct confrontation scares those who express emotions in an extreme manner because they are unable t confront their own demons. If this has been going on for quite a while, staying silent is not good for you or for her. If you really wish to see her calm and content, speak to her. Better yet, attend a counselling session and understand why she is hurting. I wish you both the best.

Read more