8 Replies

Sounds like post-partum edema, which is basically a common condition. Fingers, legs, ankles and feet swell during pregnancy and this will last for a week or more after delivery. Perhaps your wife can try some simple movements or exercises to ease the discomfort and hopefully, reduce the swelling? Help her rest your feet in an uplifted position for about 30 minutes every day. Your wife can also try simple exercises as they help improve circulation and remove excess fluids from the body through sweat. Try taking short walks around the house and gently rotate your ankles if your wife is up to it. I also read that drinking lots of fluids can reduce the swelling. When you drink more, you are more likely to flush out any excess liquids that could have caused the swelling.

VIP Member

1. This goes against confinement, but if she has swelling she should stay as cool as possible because heat can worsen the swelling. Ensure she has a good airflow in the room. 2. Place green or white cabbage leaves over the swollen area to relieve the discomfort as it draws out the excess fluids from the swollen legs and feet. Clean the leaves, but not with water and place them in the fridge. Now, wrap the swollen extremities with these cool leaves and leave them until they become wet.

if she follows chinese confinement don't drink water, this is the reason for her edema. first 2 weeks i listen to the old folks & my feet balloon to 3 sizes bigger. even my gynae is shock at the size. so i stop listening to the old folk & start drinking plain water. within 3 days my feet decrease in size. within a week my feet is ok

Hi, get your wife to take a bowl of red bean soup. It helps in reducing the water retention. I drank it too during my confinement due to swelling in my right foot. And the swelling did went down thereafter. She might need to take over a few days though :)

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-7808)

Try to always slp with a pillow underneath her legs to till higher n soak in warm foot bath too

try to both keep in warm water, after dry both foots followed by massage.

can email me . i can help her

Trending Questions