Why must I always be the one to be so busy feeding my 8 months old at the dinner table while my husband can sit back n relax n enjoy his meal ? Even after he has finished eating , he never offer to help me .. leaving me busy feeding n handling the LO n with my plate of food unfinished . I tried to take a few spoonfuls of food as I feed my LO but u know how difficult it is to concentrate on eating n at the end of it , I often lost my appetite or no mood to eat. Why can't my Husband jus help me out after his meal ? Why can't he b the one to offer to start to offer to feed our LO ? I have never heard him offer that . I actually don't mind to start feeding my LO but at least after his meal , he can offer his help , right ? Instead of relaxing in his seat n sipping his coffee. N another thing I'm v fed up is , he would purposely sit Away from my LO .. so he don't need to help out .. happen every single time ! I did tell him I would prefer that LO sit in between us but the next time , he would sit away again! I'm so upset! Am I being petty ? What is your meal time situation with hubby when baby is too young to self feed?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You’re not being petty. Talk to your husband about taking turns. Sometimes we sit there and hope and hope our husbands can read our minds but they are sooooo blur. Must tell them exactly what we want/need. Don’t let ego get in the way.