Why must I always be the one to be so busy feeding my 8 months old at the dinner table while my husband can sit back n relax n enjoy his meal ? Even after he has finished eating , he never offer to help me .. leaving me busy feeding n handling the LO n with my plate of food unfinished . I tried to take a few spoonfuls of food as I feed my LO but u know how difficult it is to concentrate on eating n at the end of it , I often lost my appetite or no mood to eat. Why can't my Husband jus help me out after his meal ? Why can't he b the one to offer to start to offer to feed our LO ? I have never heard him offer that . I actually don't mind to start feeding my LO but at least after his meal , he can offer his help , right ? Instead of relaxing in his seat n sipping his coffee. N another thing I'm v fed up is , he would purposely sit Away from my LO .. so he don't need to help out .. happen every single time ! I did tell him I would prefer that LO sit in between us but the next time , he would sit away again! I'm so upset! Am I being petty ? What is your meal time situation with hubby when baby is too young to self feed?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dear Mum, Men really function and think as compared to us:) But there is no wrong in telling them to help. I think your husband will help if you just tell me what all he ca help with.

Mummy I have 5 kids. I totally can relate. Sounds to me like you are in need of self care. Your self care meter is empty. Take a break and breathe. It will pass.

men are like kids sometimes so you may want to try giving them specific instruction. "can you help feed while I eat please?". "can you wash the dishes?"

Common complain if you married an asian man unfortunately. Only thing you can do is make sure you raise your Son not to be like his dad

VIP Member

talk to your hubby. they dont think so much. haha. 😂 ever try to do blw for your baby?

Maybe you can try asking for his help? It’s hard the first few times but it gets easier

VIP Member

same here ..Sometime just need to voice out. So i think u got to let him know