Why do Mums seem to be less mood balanced than Dads? Is it experience or habituation?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hmmm...first I would commend u for bringing this very important point in notice of everyone as most don't even realize that it's a problem.... thanks for doing tht. mums are less balanced mood wise...becoz of what is shifting their balance and causing them to tip over...women are natural care givers...they learn to only give of everything that they can. esp.their positiveness. when positivity goes out, it's replaced by negativity, lack of self worth and confidence. women also love to compare a lot. that one's kid appears more healthy and mine doesn't, that one's husband and kid appears so much happier and better off than mine...etc...it goes on and on...I should have the cleanest home, healthiest food, crisp ironed new branded clothes for my kids or husband, best cook, best in school activities, best in carpooling, best in appearance and slim in figure, best drapes, best kitchen, best birthday/office parties...etc....u name it and women want to be the best. think about the level of pushing required...her body is in constant stress cortisol high mode...which keeps her in fight or flight mode 24/7... plus not to forget the pressures of living in joint family, the high level of expectations kept on her and work load. though men are called head of family, the roles are very distorted. men think that they should be bread earners. and the rest of everything is left on wives since men are practical thinkers as regards to woman who r emotional thinkers, men can help out women in a lot of work esp in family. esp with child rearing and the stress of managing joint family. they can very firmly and professionally deal with a in law fight or sibling rivalry. they can help kids who need stability in family from father, esp his guidance. when workload is distributed equally, mood swings will better and more balanced...there r many things but I'm tired of typing.

Read more

Bringing up a child is no child's game especially in country like India where the mother is solely responsible for child care. Its a huge responsibility and warrants great amount of skill, patience and has its own falls. Mother go through it 24*7 whereas fathers on the other hand typically is responsible for child's actions after office hours and that too he shares the dice with the mother. so while he enjoys team work the mother labors solely. this is bound to put her off balance and hence the fluctuations in mood. It's all about sharing the load according to me.

Read more

Parenting is a comparatively challenging for Indian moms because she has work round the clock to look after not only the child but also has to take care of immediate family members which becomes quite stressful after a certain point .It becomes obvious to have a breakdown as this is bound to put her off the balance after reaching her threshold.

Read more