Telling abt pregnancy at workplace

At which month would be appropriate to tell other collegues in wrkplce that i m pregnant? Although have informed boss and superior , i think collegues would also wan to know ...as i was in HL almost a month now...pls share ur thoughts....

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don’t think it’s necessary for colleagues to know. Probably just tell those that you are very close with. Just one or two is fine. Too many people knowing will risk if anything were to happen to your pregnancy (God forbid) and then you’ll have to tell everyone what happened, over and over again. It’s going to be depressing. So the lesser people know, the better. I only told my boss when I was about 6 weeks but his big mouth told all the other Managers which I hope they didn’t blurt out to anyone else. I got pregnant in Feb and I’ve been working from home since Apr and haven’t seen any of my colleagues since then and now I’m about to give birth so I’m perfectly happy with that. They don’t need to know. I know you’re excited and all but personally I wouldn’t tell so many people, afraid I might have to explain to all those people what happened to my pregnancy if anything bad happens to me. And it will be even more depressing. When your tummy gets bigger, just smile and let them guess. By then you’ll be in 2nd tri or even 3rd already. Good luck!

Read more
4y ago

aww thanks ...i hate it wen collegues keep on asking u preg ah? y so long u away? sometimes i dont even know wat to ans...i also wouldnt anyone to know if touchwood anything is to happen..the previous pregnancy didnt go well for me..so this time i hev to be very cautious...guess i m just gg to smile if anyone gg to ask me this tim3....

i had to inform my manager once i found out i am preg because of my work hazard. They normally knows the pantang of not spreading for 3 mths. But normally, colleagues will figure out because of certain work exclusions and the understanding ones will just keep it to themselves while looking out for me. i guess it depends on your work situation. if it isnt necessary, then dont need. :)

Read more

Depends on individual. I was away from work most of the time during the first trimester but only told my close colleagues as they could figure out that I was pregnant (aside from my boss). They rest of them eventually knew when they see my baby bump. My boss was kind enough to ask my permission too, to inform my team members about my pregnancy after the first trimester.

Read more

Depends on you. I told my supervisor early (around Week 7) bcos I needed to cancel a work trip. For the rest of my colleagues, I only told them around Week 16, when things are more stable and cos some have been guessing anyway. Didn't want to have to answer questions from too many people in the earlier stage.

Read more

hi, it depends on individual. At 1st I only inform my boss. Due to covid19, my boss did ask me whether i want to inform the rest of the team members so that she can plan my schedule to wfh. so to play safe during this period, I agreed to inform them.

I think this is a personal information & there shdnt be any pressure on mommy to inform anyone other than those necessary like ur bosses & HR! If colleagues asked then tell them the truth :) dont feel stress!

TapFluencer

only inform superior and subordinate. I don't feel there's a need to share with any other colleagues

I didn’t tell 😂 only inform my manager but the next thing everyone knows haha

I didn’t tell my colleagues! They only knew when my bump started showing

TapFluencer

I share when I'm in 2nf trimester