First time to NUH

I was quite surprised that my ultrasound scan done in NUH could not tell/reveal on my pregnancy period unlike my other scans done at private clinic whereby the machine can show month/day. How is it like for other mummies here? Do you feel odd about the equipment used in NUH? Been asked by gyne doctor how long I have been pregnant instead of telling me I am in which trimester now.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Gave birth there twice and both showed how far I was for my 1st ultrasound.

3y ago

Very strange for my first experience

Super Mum

Hi can I check if this is your first scan at NUH?

3y ago

Hi hi, Thanks for replying. So from my understanding, the doctor will usually ask you the date of your last period and estimate the EDD from there. Otherwise the ultrasound provides the date. Accuracy of the date shown on the ultrasound is more accurate at 8-11 weeks gestation. Could the doctor provide you with an EDD? If so, he would have probably been able to date your pregnancy too… Thought I’d share this article with you which makes for an interesting read: https://www.ultrasoundcare.com.au/services/pregnancy-ultrasound-5-17-weeks-dating-and-viability.html Alternatively, do ask the technician or the doctor at your next visit.