On HL and boss is asking work to be done

I am 35 weeks pregnant with first baby and am given HL and this boss of mine insists on indirectly saying she is on MC and still has work done from home and is telling me to be on task to finish a huge load of admin and update her once its done. I mean.... would you be doing work if you're on HL??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

😥 is a she? gosh! 2 years back my Japanese director CONVERT MY HL to NPL, his reason was he don't remember I told him I was on HL 🤨 the translator who are also Japanese also insists she forget I did inform them I'm on HL and assume I started my Maternity Leave. there're all kind of WEIRD BOSSES around, do what you think is right 💪💪

Read more

I definitely won’t be working when I’m on MC or HL. She wanna be a workaholic that is her problem. But I would tell my boss Heath first, work later. If anything goes wrong with my pregnancy and my baby cause I have to do the work you asked me to, are you going to answer and be reliable for any consequences?

Read more

Tbh i did work during my hl and was in my early 2nd trimester due to low fluid (wasnt ideal to gynae). I was worried i am a burden to the team coz we r quite low on headcount. But my bosses told me to just rest n not work.. My gynae also told me to ignore my boss call (they obviously wouldnt call me actually)!

Read more
Super Mum

I think you can talk to your doctor and ask for a letter to explain your condition and why you need to take HL, then show to your boss. Surely your doctor wouldn't want you to work while on HL either.

Hays hirap yan talaga. Let her know na you need your holiday leave to take a break.