Which one is cost saving - Engaging a helper or full time baby sitter paying $800?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

for Singaporean the levy for helper only $60, for foreigner the levy is $300, so if the salary is $550-$600, you can calculate yourself, but this haven't including food and accommodation for the helper

VIP Member

Helper can do housework, cook, night feeds etc. Baby sitter’s role is very specific to taking care of baby only and may not even be live-in.

Hi, I think it is better to have helper with experience in baby-sitting so that she can help you in various house chores as well

A live in helper will cost about $1000 a month, including salary, insurance, food allowance, and government levy.

If say a helper. What is the purpose to look after baby or you just want someone to help with mainly household chores.

7y ago

Looking after Baby and do simple household chores.

I would prefer helper as helper can do more than a nanny like basic cooking and cleaning of the house.

VIP Member

I think a helper who can take care of a child is better. She can help with chores when you are busy.

Definitely helper that have experience with kids, they can help out with some house chores

VIP Member

A helper is definitely cost saving.

Super Mum

Helper with baby sit experiences