UV Or Steam Steriliser?

Hi all, which would u buy? And what brand (model) would u recommend?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Both are equally effective in sterilising. I used Philips Avent steam steriliser previously and it was good. However, because looking after 2 children is now more difficult, I decided to get a UV steriliser this time (saves time on drying the bottles+wiping the steriliser down after each use and descaling the water reservoir). Latex can’t be sterilised by UV though (turns the rubber hard), so you’ll need to bear that in mind when you buy bottles. I decided to get the Ecomom UV steriliser as I got it at a better price compared to the rest of the Korean brands. Been using it for 3 months and I love it:)

Read more

I think you can steam sterilise almost everything but cant UV sterilise latex and rubber items. And i think lifespan of some plastics is shorter with UV sterilising... I'm still exploring now. Using the Haenim and at least things come out dry...

I was using steam sterilizer at first, but decided to get a second hand uv sterilizer from carousell. Saves me the hassle of wiping dry or waiting for the bottles or pump parts to dry.

VIP Member

Never bought. I used old school method! Hot water! If u have thermomix, even better can use to sterilised too!

VIP Member

tried both UV and steam. but my fav is UV! using the UV steriliser from Haenim

VIP Member

I bought Haenim UV steriliser during Mummy’s Market baby fair.

VIP Member

Steam steriliser From Avent .. is good enough as well .

Philips Avent steam steriliser & dryer

Using steam steriliser. Avent brand

Old school. Soak with hot water :)