Is Uv Steriliser Worth Buying

Dear all, I do consider to get haenim uv steriliser for the convenience of sterilising baby's bottle and breast pump part. However after checking with tommee tippee and comotomo (2 bottles brand that I am considering buying too), the replies was uv steriliser is not suitable for their bottles, steam steriliser is more suitable. Now I have doubt getting a uv steriliser. Any mommy is using uv steriliser and which baby bottle brand are you all using which is safe to sterilise using uv steriliser?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm using Haenim UV steriliser and for bottles will be Pigeon PPSU bottles and Philips Avent bottles. I changed the Philips Avent bottles every 6 months due to using UV but Pigeon PPSU bottles can last up to a year. I'm working so I will usually wash all the milk bottles at one go and place it in the steriliser and then it is ready for next day use again without going through the hassle of drying it I had burnt myself a few times using the steam steriliser due to my own recklessness.

Read more
VIP Member

I used to own a steam steriliser but got accidentally burnt by the steam due to my own recklessness. Its such a mess too i feel. In the end never regretted buying a Haenim. Its simple and so effortless to use too. Still using it now for almost 3yrs . Jus need to change the osram lamps (which is like once year?) I used avent bottles & dump all toys inside too. U can basically dry anything including utensils.

Read more

usually UV steriliser is more suitable for ppsu bottles. pump bottles, flanges and non ppsu bottles will yellowed after being sterilised under uv for a while. my baby drink bm from milk bottles and the milk bottles will stay oily even after washed and uv sterilised. I have not seen any oily bottles using steam steriliser.

Read more

Definitely worth it! It’s hassle free and hygienic since there’s no water you have to dry from the bottles which you will have to if you use steam sterilizers. If you are planning to sign up for cordlife anyway you might consider signing up at babyfairs as they usually have that as one of the option for free gift.

Read more
TapFluencer

use haemin and ppsu bottles for my spectra bottles for my pump and pigeon bottle for baby consumption but I don't use it daily. I use like 3 days a week and rest of the days I use traditional method

You can use PPSU bottles that is meant for UV. If you want to use normal PP bottles I suggest you change it every 3-4 months since they are not completable with UV.

VIP Member

Personally feel no. Most bottles and pump parts are not UV sterilizer safe. I'm using a steam sterilizer, still going strong after more than 3 yrs for 2 kids.

VIP Member

No need to spend so much, steam steriliser will do. In fact, our environment is very clean enough. I attached an article for you to refer.

Post reply image

I am using Heorshe milk bottle that do not need to have sterilizer machine, just got to use hot water to sterilize will do and is from US

Invest in a steam steriliser with drying function. There are a few reputable brands out there. Steam steriliser \o/