Which are the safest cartoon series for 4-6 yr olds? i was horrified by violence and foul language shown in some.

Post image
9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Usually, the cartoons and tv shows broadcasted on channels that are catered specifically for children are "safe" to watch, for example Nick Jr (Nickelodeon for younger children) and Okto. If you have Netflix, they have an entire collection of shows specifically for young children for you to choose from. One of my favourites cartoons in that collection is The Winx Club -- it promotes friendship and teamwork. I'd avoid "cartoons" like The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy and Happy Tree Friends and American Dad. They are definitely not child friendly.

Read more

Agree with Idza, the shows that being broastcasted on televisions are "safe" for kids to watch. It's those on Youtube and on the internet that we got to watch out for: My daughter loves My Little Pony since she was about two years old. She's 7 but still very much in love with them. My almost 8 month old son is crazy over Thomas and friends and bobs up and down to Hi5.

Read more

Isn't it weird that lots of kids love Tom and Jerry? I too, am appalled by the violence in that. CeeBeeBees, BBC's kiddie channel, has some lovely cartoons that are very educational. Tommy and Tallulah, Ben and Holly's little kingdom and Charlie and Lola are a few.

For me, I like to offer my kids to watch educational DVDs e.g. The Cat In The Hat Knows A lot About That (science), Animal planets, Sids the Science Kids and etc. For chinese language I will suggest 巧虎 (Qiao Hu) and Ten Thousands of Why (十万个为什么)。

I'd go for Peppa Pig and Pocoyo. They are quite well behaved. You can also let your child see Mister Maker on BBC. That is an exceptional show and one that can help boost your child's creativity and imagination. My daughter loves all three of them.

Interactive ones are good for child development like Dora the Explorer, Hi-5, and Mickey Mouse & Friends. If you can find some DVDs, the classics are also great for kids to watch like Sesame Street!

There's one called 'Noddy' I remember. It's bout a nice town where everyone helps each other, and the main character boy (Noddy) tries to solve problems in easy ways.

Here are some of our favourites: Handy Manny, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Princess Sofia, Peppa Pig, Charlie and Lola, Bubble Guppies.

My daughter is also love to watch peppa pig.its nice cartoon. Well mannered.