Should 5-year-old kids allowed to see cartoon series where there are princesses and prince? Should they be exposed to romantic inclinations that are subtly shown?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Awww why would that be a problem? If kids cannot be exposed to romantic inclinations, then how can they be around their loving parents? They should also be banned from reading fairy tales if that's the case. I think it is unrealistic to "protect" kids from such things. Plus, love and romance is wonderful thing. At their age, what they will take away from watching such cartoons is the essence of love, caring for one another and friendship -- all of which are great qualities. They should be protected from mature content and violence not kids shows.

Read more

i found your query really cute :) in fact, both my kids love watching a bit of such cartoons, and it's absolutely fine. the idea is that it is all about loving someone, so why to shy away from it? in fact, if you treat it as something that needs to be hidden or not talk about it, your kids will get more curious and talk about it when you are not around. explain them what's going on in an age-appropriate way. for them, love is also an integral part of being friends :)

Read more