postnatal depression

where should i go / who should i consult if i feel like my postnatal depression is getting worse?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I called KKH and they referred me to the counseling department. Initially I wasn’t keen on taking the meds. But I see myself not being able to take care of my newborn, which really saddens me. Hence I really worked hard to face it, and work toward recovering. I’m still in the midst of recovery, and I’m feeling much better. I no longer want to die. So can you! You can do this mummy! We are all strong humans that carried a little human in us for the past 9 months. 💪🏻

Read more
Super Mum

Thank you for being open to sharing this! That takes a lot of courage ❤️ Do consider seeing a psychiatrist. Some of the women centres in the hospitals (can check KKH/NUH/SGH) do offer these services. They can help you to tide over this wave of overwhelming emotions, so you can focus on continuing to be an amazing mummy! Take care, dear, and hope you’ll have a lighter heart soon.

Read more

Yes, you can join some support groups to talk to other ladies who have given birth. Also, can try counselling at the nearest family service centre like Fei Yue.

Please see a therapist to manage it. If you don't know any then you can ask your gynea or GP to suggest one.

Super Mum
VIP Member

I can suggest you one if you need to. Pls don’t hesitate seeing one.

VIP Member

Call kkh hotline! Or call ur ward no. They'll advise u better

Super Mum

My wife join the mother and child group for mommies.

VIP Member

Best to seek professional help, do take care!

Ur gynae can suggest one to u.