How did you overcome postnatal depression?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had postnatal blues. Not sure if it became postnatal depression. But I was so tired all the time even though had my Mom helping me with baby. Hired a maid and I could get my rest so that was better. Then when I stopped breastfeeding, I became normal again... mood much better ... I think most important is when a very Low mood/ emotions strike, make sure your baby is with someone safe. Don't act on irrational thoughts. Get more rest. Even if it means spending $ to hire a maid. Because little rest can lead to stress can lead to irrational behaviour. Talk to someone like your hubby. Or call help hotlines. If necessary, stop breastfeeding... because I find it produces a lot of hormones that I couldn't take.

Read more

Hi, first of all, do talk about it with your friends and family. Best not to keep your feelings bottled up inside you. Get some support, and do not be afraid to ask for help. Try to make some time for yourself, when you can relax with friends or do the things you used to, before having a baby. Remember to eat well too, as it really improves your mood. Don't be afraid to share your feelings here on parenttown (even anonymously), we are all here to help. Do take care and stay happy!

Read more

My wife had trouble with it until we started researching. We used this guide and so far she's been feeling a lot better. https://www.helpguide.org/articles/depression/postpartum-depression-and-the-baby-blues.htm